Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm back/Stash Report

Sorry for my silence; for various reasons I haven't been doing much sewing the last few weeks--but the last few days have been productive!


I've made a pillowcase for my fiance, who loves blueberries...




This pillowcase was super easy and used exactly a yard of fabric with only some selvedges left over--I think I might have to make some for myself, too!


I got a new, big, acrylic table that fits the free arm on my sewing machine perfectly, and as a result quilted an entire quilt yesterday. I'd really recommend getting one of these--I think they're available for many if not most machines--as I thought my quilting turned out unusually well! Here's a sneak peek.




Fabrics newly acquired include these Kaffe Fassett fabrics intended for a purse (I'm just waiting for next week's interfacing sale at Joann's!):




And these pretty batiks, which are mostly from Stonemountain and Daughter, an amazing fabric shop in Berkeley, CA.



I'll leave you with a picture of another piece of artwork I made this week--it's worked in metal, and I'm calling it "Thank God I Didn't Break My Sewing Machine."


Used This Week: 1.25
Used Year To Date: 28.5
Added This Week: 10
Added Year To Date: 86
Net Used For 2011: -57.5


See how everyone else is doing.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home!! Love the quilting....it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made a couple of those sculptures myself -- as much as I try to keep track of where those pins are, they're so tricky.

    Love the blueberry pillow. That's gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip about the acrylic table. I am just starting to do machine quilting, and had wondered if getting one of the tables would help. If I can quilt as well as you did, it will be a very good investment.

    ReplyDelete